Driving Violation & Ticket Defense Attorney | Milwaukee, WI
If you’ve recently been pulled over and issued a ticket, you might not think you need to hire a criminal defense attorney. After all, it’s only a ticket, right? In fact, you could save hundreds or thousands of dollars and prevent damage to your reputation by retaining the services of a Milwaukee criminal defense attorney with experience in driving violation and traffic citation law.
The terms “driving violation” and “traffic citation” cover a broad spectrum of issues. Drivers may be issued a ticket, or potentially arrested (depending on the circumstances), for any of the following actions:
- Failure to comply with a lawful signal, order, or direction from a traffic officer.
- Failure to comply with the instructions indicated by a traffic sign.
- Attempting to resist, elude, or flee after being given a signal to stop by a traffic officer.
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Driving over the posted speed limit.
- Passing on the right, except where permitted.
- Failure to yield to an emergency vehicle; passing too close, or otherwise driving recklessly around a stopped emergency vehicle.
- Passing another vehicle within 100 feet of a railroad, except where there are enough lanes of traffic to do so safely.
- Driving through marked safety zones.
- Driving too fast in a school zone.
- Failure to drive within a single lane on a multi-lane road.
- Failure to keep a safe distance between vehicles.
- Making an illegal U-turn.
- Driving over a median or divider.
- Driving on the shoulder.
- Operating a vehicle while intoxicated (OWI).
- Driving without a license or with a suspended license.
- …and more.
SEND US A MESSAGE
At Fenton Law Office, we know that law enforcement does not always do their due diligence when handing out tickets. We also know that things happen and, even if you did not obey the rules of the road, sometimes the punishment does not fit the crime. It’s possible you could save yourself hundreds or thousands in fines and insurance premiums by getting your ticket thrown out or, at the very least, improving the judgment outcome.
A Milwaukee criminal defense lawyer like Attorney Jay Fenton will stand by your side and argue your case to ensure you receive the best possible result. From defending multiple counts of driving violations to simple speeding tickets, having a criminal lawyer on your team puts you at a distinct advantage. Contact us today.
Call Fenton Law Office for Help Now
Attorney Jay Fenton has deep experience arguing on behalf of individuals in Milwaukee who have received traffic citations. When issued a tickets, you have options beyond paying the fine, taking the plea, or going to trial. It’s worth having a criminal defense lawyer look into the circumstances of the case to ensure there are no discrepancies between what was reported and what actually happened. In fact, you could save yourself a lot of time, money, stress, and harm to your reputation by taking the extra step of retaining an attorney.
For questions about your unique situation or to learn more about how Fenton Law can help you, contact us today.